Jefferson Medical College – Philadelphia, PA
Internship & Residency
Albany Medical Center – Albany, NY
Alex M. Arnouk, MD, received his bachelor of science degree from The College of New Jersey, graduating magna cum laude. He then earned his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College, where he graduated Alpha Omega Alpha, with a distinction in clinical-translational research.
Dr. Arnouk completed residency in urologic surgery at Albany Medical Center where he was awarded the Excellence in Teaching Award twice and received a first-place award in both oncology and basic science research at regional resident research competitions.
Dr. Arnouk belongs to several medical societies, including The American Urological Association, American Medical Association, Northeastern Section of the American Urological Association, and the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He enjoys managing patients with all urological conditions. He performs a wide range of minimally invasive procedures, including endoscopic and robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Arnouk strives to provide compassionate up-to-date patient care, while educating his patients on their urologic conditions.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
FOR “NEW PATIENT” VISITS ONLY
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Bladder Cancer
- Blood in the Urine (Hematuria)
- Circumcision (Foreskin Problems)
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney/Ureteral/Bladder Stones
- Kidney Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgery
- Overactive Bladder (OAB)
- Prostate Cancer
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Testicular Cancer
- Urine Tract Infectious (UTI)
- Urinary Incontinence
- American Urological Association
- Northeastern Section of the American Urological Association
- American Medical Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Hobart Amory Hare Medical Honor Society
- Edward J. Bloustein Distinguished Scholar Award
- The College of New Jersey Merit Scholarship
- Joseph E. Enright Award, Joseph Enright Foundation
- Joseph Vena Excellence in Biology Award, The College of New Jersey
- Levine Award for Dean’s Student Research Program, Jefferson Alumni Association
- Joseph E. Enright Outstanding Repeat Scholar Award, Joseph Enright Foundation
- Badar M. Mian Award, Albany Medical Center
- Excellence in Teaching, Resident Reaching Award, Albany Medical Center
- First Place in Basic Science Research, Resident Research Competition, Skaneateles, NY
- First Place in Oncology Research, Resident Research Competition, Skaneateles, NY
- Arnouk A, De E, Rehfuss A, Cappadocia C, Dickson S, Lian F. Physical, Complementary, and Alternative Medicine in the Treatment of Pelvic Floor Disorders. Curr Urol Rep. 2017;18(6):47. PMID 28585105.
- Amirian M, Arnouk A, Healy K. Metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma to the scrotum. Turk J Urol 2017; 43(2): 220-2. PMID: 28717550.
- Raman JD, Lin YK, Shariat SF, Krabbe LM, Margulis V, Arnouk A, Lallas CD, Trabulsi EJ, Drouin SJ, Rouprêt M, Bozzini G, Colin P, Peyronnet B, Bensalah K, Bailey K, Canes D, Klatte T. Preoperative nomogram to predict the likelihood of complications after radical nephroureterectomy. BJU Int. 2017;119(2):268-275. PMID 27322735.
Presentations & Published Abstracts:
- Arnouk A, Hedhli N, Depre C. The Effect of Statins on the Cardiac Proteasome During Hypertrophy by H11 Kinase. 2007. New Jersey Medical School Summer Research Program Symposium. Newark, NJ.
- Arnouk A, Nayak S. The Role of the Anaphase-Promoting Complex in Germ-line of Caenorhabditis elegans. 2008. Mentored Undergraduate Summer Experience Research Program Symposium. Ewing, NJ.
- Arnouk A, Vesci J, Holinstat M. The Effects of Dihomo-y-Linolenic-Acid (DGLA) on Rap1 Activation in Platelets. 2011. Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society Symposium. Philadelphia, PA.
- Yeung J, Ikei J, Vesci J, Arnouk A, Holman T, Holinstat M. 12-HETrE, An Endogenous Inhibitor of Platelet Activation. 2011. Blood.
- Yeung J, Arnouk A, Vesci J, Ikei K, Holman T, Holinstat M. The regulation of thrombosis and hemostasis by fatty acid metabolites. 2012. The FASEB Journal.
- Holinstat M, Yeung J, Vesci J, Arnouk A, Ikea K, Holman T. Differential regulation of Rap1 through bioactive lipid production in the human platelet. 2012. The FACEB Journal.
- Lin Y, Klatte T, Shariat S, Krabbe L, Margulis V, Arnouk A, Lallas C, Trabulsi E, Bozzini G, Colin P, Drouin S, Rouprêt M Peyronnet B, Bensalah K, Bailey K, Canes D, Raman, J. Preoperative nomogram to predict the likelihood of complications after radical nephroureterectomy. American Urological Association Annual Meeting, 5/2015, New Orleans, LA.
- Arnouk A, Goldschmeding R, Higgins P, Samarakoon R. Connective Tissue Growth Factor Induction Promotes Epithelial Maladaptive Repair in Renal Fibrosis. American Urological Association Annual Meeting, Podium Presentation, 5/2017, Boston, MA. Also presented:
- Northeastern Section of the AUA, 68th Annual Meeting, 9/2016, Buffalo NY (Regional)
- Urology Resident Research Competition, 21st Annual Meeting, 4/2016 Skaneateles, NY (Regional)
- Albany Medical Center Resident Research Symposium, 4/2016 Albany, NY (Local)
- Arnouk A, Smith C, Stein, B. Mortality Within One Year of Prostate Cancer Diagnosis: High Rate of Cancer-Specific Mortality in the Elderly. American Urological Association Annual Meeting, Urological Society for American Veterans, Podium Presentation, 5/2017, Boston, MA. Also presented:
- Northeastern Section of the AUA, 69th Annual Meeting, 10/2017, Savannah, GA (Regional)
- Urology Resident Research Competition, 22nd Annual Meeting, 4/2017 Skaneateles, NY (Regional)
- Albany Medical Center Resident Research Symposium, 4/2017 Albany, NY (Local)
- Arnouk A, Roehmholdt M, Feustel P, McCullough A, Welliver C. Factors Associated with Post-Vasectomy Semen Analysis Compliance. Northeastern Section of the American Urological Association, 10/12/17, Savannah, GA. Also presented:
- Urology Resident Research Competition, 23nd Annual Meeting, 4/2018 Skaneateles, NY (Regional)
- Albany Medical Center Resident Research Symposium, 4/2018 Albany, NY (Local)
- Lian F, Tang J, Arnouk A, Samarakoon R, Higgins P. Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) expression promotes tubular dysfunction in renal fibrosis. Northeastern Section of the American Urological Association, 10/12/17, Savannah, GA. Also presented:
- American Urological Association Annual Meeting, 5/2018 San Francisco, CA
- Samarakoon, R, Arnouk, A, Tang, J, Goldschmeding, R, Higgins, P. Pathologic Cross-Talk between Hippo-TAZ and CTGF Pathways during Renal Fibrosis Progression. American Society of Nephrology: Kidney Week. 11/3/17. New Orleans, LA.