New York University School of Medicine – New York, NY
Internship & Residency
Lenox Hill Hospital – New York, NY
University of Pennsylvania Health System – Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Burton Schlecker is one of the founders and an active board member of New Jersey Urology (NJU) and has been instrumental in its growth. He has extensive training, experience, and expertise in all aspects of urology.
Dr. Schlecker is an attending physician and Chief of Urology at St. Mary’s General Hospital. Previously, he was Chief of Urology at Chilton Memorial Hospital and Passaic General Hospital. Dr. Schlecker has also served on the Medical Executive Committee of New Jersey Stone Center and on the Physicians Liaison Advisory Committee for Atlantic Health System.
Dr. Schlecker received ivy league training and education from college through his urologic residency. He understands the need to be current and involved with education and physician assistants. He has taught urologic skills to many urology and family practice residents. He has lectured extensively to other physicians and the medical community on all aspects of urology.
Dr. Schlecker’s philosophy is preventive urologic care while promoting male and female health and nutrition. A key area of interest has become minimally invasive prostate, kidney and bladder procedures. Dr. Schlecker believes that every procedure—no matter how small or big—is a major decision for a patient that requires time and discussion, as well as care and sensitivity. He has offered countless second opinions, resulting in excellent surgical and nonsurgical outcomes.
- Diplomat, American Board of Urology
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Urological Association
- Interstitial Cystitis Association
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- New York Section of American Urological Association
- Passaic County Medical Society
Dr. Schlecker has published and presented numerous papers and abstracts in urologic journals.
- Top Doctor, New Jersey Monthly (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly
- Chilton Medical Center
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Mary’s General Hospital
- The Stone Center of New Jersey
- Wayne Surgical Center
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross HMO (Contiguous County only)
- Empire Blue Cross PPO
- HealthNet Federal
- Railroad Medicare
- UnitedHealthcare (excluding Medicare Plans)
- US Family Health