Meet Chirag G. Gordhan, MD
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School – Newark, NJ
Internship & Residency
George Washington University – School of Medicine and Health Sciences – Washington, D.C.
Dr. Chirag Gordhan, a native of New Jersey, studied biomedical engineering at Drexel University and obtained his medical degree from Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. He completed his internship in General Surgery and residency in Urologic Surgery at George Washington University Hospital in Washington, D.C where he also served as Chief Resident in Urology.
Dr. Gordhan is well-trained and enjoys practicing all aspects of Urology with particular interest in benign diseases including kidney stones, benign prostatic hypertrophy, voiding dysfunction, and men’s health. He offers both medical and surgical treatment options to his patients.
- Surgical and medical treatment of kidney stones
- Overactive bladder
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature ejaculation
- Surgical and medical treatment of BPH
- Bladder cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Neurogenic bladder
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary tract infections
- Jefferson Health (Cherry Hill, Stratford, Washington Township)
- Virtua (Marlton, Voorhees)
- Our Lady of Lourdes (Camden)
- Inspira Medical Center (Mullica Hill, Vineland)
American Urologic Association
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Alumni Scholarship Awards
- Innovation & Partnership Award, Drexel University School of Biomedical Engineering
- Gordhan CG and Whalen MJ. Current evidence for active surveillance for intermediate risk prostate cancer: editorial on comparison of pathological and oncologic outcomes in “favorable risk” GS 3+4 and low GS6 prostate cancer by Gearman et al., Journal of Urology. AME Med J, 2018; 3:55.
- Gold SA, Sabarwal VK, Gordhan CG, Hale GR, Winer A. Lymph node imaging of pediatric renal and suprarenal malignancies. Translational Andrology and Urology, 7(5), 774-782.
- Kim D, DiBianco JM, Gordhan CG, Bairdain S, Melancon JK. Synthetic Cannabinoids and Renal Transplant. J Clin Case Rep 2017 7: 942. doi: 10.4172/2165-7920.1000942.
- Gordhan C, Sadeghi-Nejad H. Scrotal pain: Evaluation and management. Korean J Urol. 2015 Jan;56(1):3-11.
- Papazoglou E.S., Babu S,. Hansberry D.R., Mohapatra S., Gordhan C. SERS study on myeloperoxidase and its immunocomplex: Identification of binding interactions. Journal of Spectroscopy. 2010; 24(3-4):183-190.
- Papazoglou E.S., Babu S,. Hansberry D.R., Mohapatra S., Gordhan C. Identification of binding interactions between myeloperoxidase and its antibody using SERS. Nano-Micro Lett. 2010; 2, 74-81.
- Gordhan C., Zee R., Hsieh M. Nondismembered ureterocystostomy for obstructing megaureter using the DaVinci Robit. American Urology Association’s 2019 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, May 2019.
- Gordhan C., Christakos A., Fam M., Carpenter C., Glickman L., Munver R. Low power, high frequency holmium laser settings facilitate stone “dusting” and minimize stone retropulsion. World Congress of Endourology and SWL 32nd Annual Meeting, Taipei, Taiwan, September 3-7, 2014.
- Gordhan C., Christakos A., Glickman L., Degen M., Munver R. Critical analysis of mechanical ureteral stent complications: a single institution experience. World Congress of Endourology and SWL 32nd Annual Meeting, Taipei, Taiwan, September 3-7, 2014.
- Gordhan C., Lopreiato M., Sifri Z. Barriers to Surgical Care Access, Truijllo, Peru. Unite for Sight Global Health and Innovation Conference 2015, New Haven, CT, March 2015.
- Gordhan C., Lopreiato M., Sifri Z. Reported Barriers to Surgical Care in Trujillo, Peru 2014. Rutgers Annual Global Health Fair, New Brunswick NJ, December 2014.
- Afiadata A., Leone A., Tran T., Gordhan C., Thavaseelan S., Pareek G., Munver R., Yates J. Precision of ureteroscopic visual estimation of stone fragment size. World Congress of Endourology and SWL 32nd Annual Meeting, Taipei, Taiwan, September 37, 2014.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna PPO
- Amerigroup (Medicaid)
- Amerihealth (HMO, PPO)
- Amerihealth Administrators
- Champ VA
- Clover Health
- Coventry & First Health
- DXC Technology Medicaid Solutions
- Empire BCBS
- HealthSmart & WTC
- Humana ChoiceCare PPO
- Independence Blue Cross
- Keystone Health
- Novitas Solutions Medicare
- RailRoad Medicare
- Shared Health Alliance
- US Family Health Plan
- Wellcare (Medicare)