State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Medicine – Stony Brook, NY
Internship & Residency
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry – Rochester, NY
Years of Experience
Dr. Deep B. Trivedi is board-certified in urology with a special interest in multiple urologic areas including stone disease, benign prostate hyperplasia, erectile dysfunction/low T, incontinence, cancer and sexual/reproductive health. He also has extensive training in robotic and minimally invasive surgical techniques, including the daVinci surgical system. He focuses on providing compassionate, comprehensive urologic solutions for patients.
Dr. Trivedi’s enthusiasm for medicine began at the University of Pennsylvania in 1995 where he graduated cum laude with a BA in the Biological Basis of Behavior as well as a BS Economics from The Wharton School. He went on to complete his medical degree from the State University of New York at Stony Brook in 2006, where he was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society.
Dr. Trivedi attended the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry where he completed an internship and residency in surgery, and a residency in urology. During his time there, he was awarded a grant for the study of bladder cancer though the Empire Clinical Research Investigators Program.
Prior to joining our team, Dr. Trivedi practiced on the Jersey Shore. He served as the Urology Residency Program Director at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, where he oversaw the training of medical students and urology residents from Rutgers Medical School. He also served as the Director of Minimally Invasive Urology at Southern Ocean Medical Center. His dedication to medicine and commitment to service included volunteer positions in the Czech Republic and with Helping Hands in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Dr. Trivedi’s research endeavors include clinical trials and projects in numerous urological areas, as well as presentations and published articles in leading medical journals and publications. He is a member of the American Urological Association, American Association of Clinical Urologists, and American Association of Physicians from India.
“Excellent Doctor who obviously cares for his patients! Listens to you and takes time to explain everything!”
- Capital Health
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in Hamilton
- Francis Medical Center
- Capital Health Surgical Center
- American Urological Association
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- American Association of Physicians from India
- AUA Residents’ Committee: Northeastern AUA Sectional Representative 2009-2012
- 2010 Northeastern AUA Resident Debate Winner: NSAUA meeting September 2010
- The National Dean’s List 2002 – 1st year Medical Honors
- Mortar Board University of Pennsylvania Senior Honor Society, inducted May 2000
- Trivedi, D, “Surgical Simulation in Urology Training: An Answer to Changing Times?” AUA News Jan 2012
- Trivedi, D, Mayer R, “Comparison of Voiding Symptoms in Interstitial Cystitis Patients Having Mild vs. Severe Pain.” Presented at the American Urological Association Northeastern Section Annual Meeting in New Orleans in October 2011.
- Knopf J, Trivedi D, Messing E., Bladder Cancer: Epidemiology, Risk Factors, and Chemoprevention. In: Spiess, Biagioli, Fishman, Lockhart and Sexton, eds. Essentials and Updates in Urologic Oncology. Nova Science Publishers, New York (pending publication)
- Kutikov A, Bonslaver J , Casey JT , Degrado J , Dusseault BN , Fox JA , Lashley-Rogers D , Richardson I , Smaldone MC , Steinberg PL ,Trivedi DB , Routh JC ; American Urological Association Residents Committee 2009 to 2010. “The gatekeeper disparity—why do some medical schools send more medical students into urology?” J Urol ; 2011 Feb; 185(2): 64752
- Messing, EM, “Words of Wisdom Re: Potential Impact of Postoperative Early Complications on the Timing of Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Patients Undergoing Radical Cystectomy: A High-Volume Tertiary Cancer Center Experience.” European Urology; 28 Dec 2010; 59(2): pp.302303
- Scosyrev E, Trivedi D, Messing, E., “Female bladder cancer: incidence, treatment, and outcome, “Current Opinion in Urology; 2010 September; 20(5): pp404408
- Trivedi D, Messing E., “Commentary: the role of cytologic analysis of voided urine in the workup of asymptomatic microhematuria.” BMC Urology ; 2009 September 10; 9(13)
- Bendana EE, Trivedi D, Marshall J, Messing E., “Lost and now found: retained straight catheter for 20 years.” Urology ; Jan 2011; 77(1) pp. 734