Sackler School of Medicine/New York State Program – Tel Aviv, Israel
Internship & Residency
Waterbury Hospital Center – Waterbury, CT
SUNY Downstate, Department of Radiation Oncology – Brooklyn, NY
Native of Moscow, Dr. Stan Golin moved to the United States in 1992 where he continued his undergraduate studies in Biology at New York University that were completed in 1995 with Cum Laude degree. Following graduation from medical school in 2000, he completed training in Radiation Oncology at the State University of New York at Brooklyn in 2004. Dr. Golin is a Diplomate of the American Board of Radiology certified in Radiation Oncology.
During his post-residency career while practicing in community-based cancer centers in New York and New Jersey, Dr. Golin developed particular clinical interest in treating genitourinary malignancies including prostate and bladder cancer. He utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to these diseases in order to improve outcomes and reduce toxicity of therapy. With the help of new radiation technology such as TomoTherapy, delivering intensity-modulated (IMRT) and image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), his radiation team is able to optimize therapeutic outcomes while minimizing normal tissue toxicity.
Dr. Golin’s is also interested in the integration of brachytherapy into the management of prostate cancer. Prostate Brachytherapy (aka SEEDS) allows the delivery of high doses of radiation directly to prostate tumor while sparing surrounding organs such as bladder and rectum.
In his personal life, Dr. Golin is a happy father of two, and he enjoys travel, tennis, and water sports in his spare time.
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Head & Neck Cancers
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Cancers
- SUNY Downstate – Brooklyn, NY
- “Best of ASCO 2003” Travel Award
- RTOG 2004 Semi-Annual Meeting Travel Award
- Patient Recognition Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- American Society for Radiation Oncology
- American Urological Association
- “RADIATION THERAPY FOR HEAD AND NECK TUMORS: BASIC CONCEPTS” Grand Rounds Lecture Series, LONG ISLAND COLLEGE HOSPITAL, Brooklyn, New York. March 2004.
- “RADIOTHERAPY FOR GYNECOLOGICAL MALIGNANCIES” Grand Rounds Lecture Series, NASSAU UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, East Meadow, New York. November 2006.
- “RADIOTHERAPY FOR UTERINE CANCER” Grand Rounds Lecture Series, NUMC, East Meadow, New York. February 2008.