Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons – New York, NY
Internship & Residency
New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University – New York, NY
Dr. Pagano, a native of New Jersey, graduated from Morristown High School before attending Harvard University, where he received his Bachelor of Arts cum laude in chemistry. He then obtained his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He remained at Columbia University Medical Center to complete his surgical internship and urology residency at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Pagano practices all aspects of urology including laparoscopic/robotic surgery and minimally invasive treatments for stone disease, prostate conditions, and urologic malignancies. He also has a special interest in men’s health (andrology) and sexual medicine. His clinical research in erectile dysfunction, penile prosthetics, Peyronie’s disease (a condition of penile scarring and shape changes), and testosterone deficiency has been published broadly in peer-reviewed journals and presented at various national meetings. He received multiple research awards for his published work on penile duplex Doppler ultrasound.
Dr. Pagano is a member of the American Urological Association and board-certified by the American Board of Urology.
- American Urological Association
- Pak JS, Pagano MJ, Cooper KL, McKiernan JM, Badalato GM. Prevalence of Research Publication Misrepresentation among Urology Residency Applicants and its Effect on Match Success. Urology. Epub 2016 Oct. PMID 27751726
- Onyeji IC, Sui W, Pagano MJ, Weinberg AC, James MB, Theofanides MC, Stember DS, Anderson CB, Stahl PJ. Impact of Surgeon Case Volume on Reoperation Rates After Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Surgery. J Urol. Epub 2016 Aug 18. PMID 27545573.
- Pagano MJ, Cooper KL, McKiernan JM, Badalato GM. Outcome Analysis of Factors Impacting the Urology Residency Match. Urology Practice. 2016 Jul; 3(4): 296-301.
- Gaffney CD, Pagano MJ, Weinberg AC, Small AC, Kuehas FE, Egydio PH, Valenzuela RJ. Lengthening Strategies for Peyronie’s Disease. Transl Androl Urol. 2016 Jun; 5(3): 351-362.
- Pagano MJ, Weinberg AC, Deibert CM, Hernandez K, Alukal J, Zhao L, Wilson SK, Egydio PH, Valenzuela RJ. Penile Intracavernosal Pillars: Lessons from Anatomy and Potential Implications for Penile Prosthesis Placement. Int J Impot Res. 2016 May/Jun; 28: 114-119.
- Pagano MJ, De Fazio A, Levy A, RoyChoudhury A, Stahl PJ. Age and Body Mass Index are Independent Predictors of Testosterone Deficiency in Men with Erectile Dysfunction. Urology. 2016 Apr; 90: 112-118. PMID 26743389.
- Pagano MJ, Barbalat Y, Theofanides MC, Edokpolo L, James MB, Cooper KL. Diagnostic Yield of Cystoscopy in the Evaluation of Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection in Women. Neurourol Urodyn. Epub 2016 Mar 21. PMID 26998700.
- Weinberg AC, Pagano MJ, Deibert CM, Hernandez K, Valenzuela RJ. Subcoronal Inflatable Penile Prosthesis Placement with Modified No-Touch Technique: A Step by Step Approach with Outcomes. J Sex Med. 2016 Feb; 13(2): 270-6. PMID 26805939.
- Pagano MJ, Whalen MJ, Paulucci DJ, Reddy BN, Matulay JT, Rothberg M, Scarberry K, Patel T, Shapiro EY, RoyChoudhury A, McKiernan J, Benson MC, Badani KK. Predictors of biochemical recurrence in pT3b prostate cancer after radical prostatectomy without adjuvant radiotherapy. Prostate. 2016 Feb; 76(2): 226-34. PMID 26481325.
- Gaffney CD, Pagano MJ, Kuker AP, Stember DS, Stahl PJ. Osteoporosis and Low Bone Mineral Density in Men with Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome. Sexual Medicine Reviews. 2015 Oct; 3(4): 298-315.
- Pagano MJ, Stahl PJ. Variation in Penile Hemodynamics and Vasculogenic Diagnosis by Anatomic Location of Cavernosal Artery Imaging in Penile Duplex Doppler Ultrasound. J Sex Med. 2015 Sep; 12(9): 1911-9. PMID 26177146.
- Pagano MJ, van Batavia JP, Casale P. Laser Ablation in the Management of Obstructive Uropathy in Neonates. J Endourol. 2015 May; 29(5): 611-4. PMID 25046584.
- Pagano MJ, Badalato G, McKiernan JM. Optimal treatment of non-muscle invasive urothelial carcinoma including perioperative management revisited. Curr Urol Rep. 2014 Nov; 15(11): 450. PMID 25234184.